- I became very healthy through the year of TAH. I am way less lazy and I eat healthy.
- The physical and outdoor activities helped me stay healthy and in shape.
It also made me strong mentally and taught me that I can accomplish anything if I put my mind to it.
- It taught me that I could take my lazy body pretty far and it taught me discipline.
- I found out a lot more about my family.
- I talk more with my family.
- My understanding of family relationships has increased because I look at everything in all possible perspectives.
- My confidence in finding a job has increased because I learned many ways in getting one.
- I have more skills to use to find a job.
- I thought counseling was dumb until I talked about my feelings, it made me feel a lot better about myself.
- The therapy was very useful when I needed it. I liked having the security of being able to talk to someone about my problems whenever I need them.
- [The counselor] has helped me so much with my family problems and my personal life.
- The therapeutic component helped me love my family more.
* All names have been changed
© 2013 Take a Hike Youth at Risk Foundation. All rights reserved.